Monday 21 January 2013

First Day At Kirkeparken

So my first day of school is over! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I'm not sure why I worried so much. I'm in 2 different classes. One is for my Norwegian and its a group of kids who aren't fluent in Norwegian. The next class I will be with for English, Maths, Art and Design.

Today I had Norwegian and English. So in Norwegian I couldn't understand a single thing. They are halfway through the school year here so the kids are halfway through learning Norwegian and I'm at the start:/ The lesson started at 9:50 so I had between 8 and 9:15 to sit at Mortens office. Then we went back into school and I spoke with my counsellor and got my timetable sorted.

After Norwegian I had lunch. Then I had English. The kids in that class are so nice. They were speaking to me and some girls asked me to sit with them:) We were doing stuff on American history. The lesson ended at 1:45 and then we went home, because we had no afternoon lessons. In Norway if you don't have a lesson you can just be at home, or wherever you like and then just be at school for your lessons. So on Monday I can take the later bus into school.

The major downside to the day is that I'm sick. I'm hoping its only a cold and not the flu, but I feel terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment